We are currently accepting employment applications for a Project Manager experienced in multifamily construction, particularly to be involved in wood-framed apartment projects. Please refer to the job description below.
Please send resume to John Sloan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit contact to email only. Thank you for your interest in being a part of our team.
The candidate will be responsible for creating a positive experience for each Owner and project team; ensuring projects are completed successfully in regards to cost & budget management, schedule completion according to contract milestones, quality control, personnel management and efficient communication and information flow.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the project from estimating through the construction phases including contractual, planning and budget management;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the project owners, architects, engineers, clients and others to ensure overall client satisfaction;
- Leading and managing the various project teams including superintendents, project engineers, coordinators, subcontractors and others to insure all work is completed on time, within budget and in accordance with development and contract agreements;
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to field and site superintendents;
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client/owner and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities;
- Prepare and submit monthly, weekly progress reports and cost reports;
- Review and approve all purchases and insure Purchase Order/Buy Out process is followed;
- Manage financial close out of the project
- Coordinate and obtain necessary permits required for commencement of construction, review design documents for conflicts and completeness and participate in developing/negotiating contract agreements;
- Perform various administrative duties during Project Start-Up including establishing controls with contractors and coordinating the completion of contract documents for construction use;
- Manage and administer the Construction Phase of the project including reviewing, analyzing and executing Bid Analysis, monitor submittal review and process and monitor Request for Information review and process;
- Proactively and constructively challenge the design of the project to produce an end product that is in the best interest of the client;
- Manage a high volume of projects concurrently in different stages.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree or higher from accredited college/university in a construction-related field a plus, but not required;
- Three years plus of related experience and/or training in construction management;
- Three years plus of construction experience leading multifamily housing projects;
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques, as well as building codes;
- Familiarity with equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled construction, maintenance and repair tasks;
- Managerial experience - proficiency in estimating software, project management software MS Word/Excel, Outlook.
HARDAWAY Construction is a third generation construction firm, founded in 1924 and based in Nashville, TN. We are well-diversified as we build projects in almost every segment of the vertical construction market, but we serve a niche market in our multifamily construction group with over 16,000 units built or renovated in our history. Presently, this is an extremely active market and we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to assist us in managing our growth in multifamily construction.
HARDAWAY Construction Corp. promotes and enforces an active policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.